In 2016 the Competition Authority issued 52 decisions, out of which:
- 12 related to merger control;
- five determined abuse of dominant position;
- seven concerned restrictive practices (with four individual exemptions); and
- 12 were recommendations to public institutions.
No fines were imposed in any of the decisions.
Investigation proceedings were conducted in the following sectors:
- vehicle insurance;
- public procurement; and
- dairy produce.
During 2016 the authority reviewed and commented on numerous legislation proposals, including the production and marketing of tobacco and cigarettes and airport fees.
The legal framework changed during 2016. The authority adopted:
- the Regulation on Commitment Procedures and the Regulation on the Administration of Data Collected During Competition Authority Inspections;
- the Directive on Short-Form Merger Control Notification and Procedures; and
- the Guideline on Simplified Merger Control Procedures.
In 2016 Juliana Latifi was appointed the authority's new chairperson.
For further information on this topic please contact Srdjana Petronijevic at Moravcevic Vojnovic i Partneri in cooperation with Schoenherr by telephone (+381 11 320 26 00) or email (email@example.com). The Moravcevic Vojnovic i Partneri website can be accessed at www.schoenherr.rs.
This article was first published by the International Law Office, a premium online legal update service for major companies and law firms worldwide. Register for a free subscription.