By Irina Anyukhina, and Margarita Egiazarova

Firm: ALRUD Law Firm

From 20 March 2019, the Ministry of Internal Affairs has extended the list of documents required for the migration registration of foreign nationals.

Now, a copy of the document confirming the foreign national’s right to use residential premises or other premises provided for actual residence is required in addition to the notice of arrival, copies of all pages of his or her passport containing a stamp confirming crossing the Russian border, and a migration card.

If a foreign national is registered at their employer’s address, in addition to the standard set of documents, the Ministry of Internal Affairs must be provided with copies of the employment contract or civil service agreement confirming the foreign national performs work or another activity for the organisation. Furthermore, some cases will require an official letter from the organisation’s head.

For migration registration of foreign nationals from the Eurasian Economic Union and their family members, a copy of the employment contract or civil service agreement and copies of the documents confirming relationships between the foreign national and his or her family members are required.

The new migration registration rules confirm the documents required for migration registration of foreigners can be submitted directly to the Ministry of Internal Affairs, through a multifunctional centre or the Russian Post.