On 20 November 2012 Ukrainian Parliament adopted the Law "On Amendments to Certain Laws of Ukraine Regarding Employment of the Disabled Persons" (the "Amendments").
In particular, the Amendments provide for:
- obligation of employers to create jobs for disabled persons;
- obligation for employer of a person that became disabled during its employment there to provide him/her with a job (including reasonable adaptation of the existing or establishment of a new workplace) considering his/her professional skills and individual rehabilitation program.
The Amendments specify that disabled persons may be involved in paid public works upon their consent.
The Amendments amend Article 188-1 of the Administrative Infractions Code, providing for a fivefold increase of penalties (amounting to UAH 850-1,700) for employer's:
- failure to comply with quotas for employment of disabled persons;
- failure to register or late registration with the Fund on Social Protection of Disabled Persons;
- failure to submit or late submission of reports on employment of disabled persons.
If signed by the President, the Amendments will become effective upon their publication.