Senate Legislative Activity
The Senate will convene on Monday, April 11, at 3:00pm. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business until 4:00pm. At 4:00pm, the Senate will resume consideration of Calendar #55, H.R.636, the legislative vehicle for FAA reauthorization. The following amendments are presently pending to the bill:
- Thune #3464 (substitute);
- Gardner #3460 (unmanned aircraft systems);
- Cantwell #3490 (penalties re: ticket agents); and
- Bennet #3524 (families)
At 5:00pm, the Senate will enter Executive Session to consider the nomination of Executive Calendar #215, Waverly Crenshaw, to be U.S. District Judge for the Middle District of Tennessee. There will be 30 minutes of debate, which will be equally divided and followed by a roll call vote at 5:30pm on confirmation of the nomination.
House Legislative Activity
On Monday, April 11, the House will meet in pro forma session at 3:30pm, with no votes expected.
On Tuesday, April 12, the House will met at 2:00pm for legislative business, with votes postponed until 6:30pm. The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- S. 2512– Adding Zika Virus to the FDA Priority Review Voucher Program Act;
- H.R. 2947 – Financial Institution Bankruptcy Act of 2016;
- H.R. 4676 – Preventing Crimes Against Veterans Act of 2016, as amended;
- H.R. 1567 – Global Food Security Act of 2016, as amended
On Wednesday, April 13, the House will meet at 10:00am for morning hour and at 12:00 pm for legislative business. The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 3586 – Border and Maritime Coordination Improvement Act, as amended;
- H.R. 4482 – Southwest Border Security Threat Assessment Act of 2016, as amended;
- H.R. 4509 – State and High-Risk Urban Area Working Group Act, as amended;
- H.R. 4549 – Treating Small Airports with Fairness Act of 2016, as amended; and
- H.R. 4403 – Enhancing Overseas Traveler Vetting Act, as amended
On Thursday, April 14, the House will meet at 10:00am for morning hour and at 12:00 pm for legislative business. The House will consider:
- H.R. 3791 – To raise the consolidated assets threshold under the small bank holding company policy statement, and for other purposes (Subject to a Rule); and
- H.R. 3340 – Financial Stability Oversight Council Reform Act (Subject to a Rule)
On Friday, April 15, the House will meet at 9:00am for legislative business, with last votes expected by 3:00pm. The House will consider H.R. 2666 – No Rate Regulation of Broadband Internet Access Act (Subject to a Rule).