ISDA publishes derivatives transparency recommendations: ISDA has published a set of key principles aimed at improving regulatory transparency of derivatives activity. It says there has been significant progress but there could still be more. Its principles:
- highlight the need for harmonised regulatory reporting requirements both within and across borders;
- encourage the use and further development of standards for legal entities, product types and trades which give unique identifiers;
- recommend collaboration between regulators on matters where there are no global standards;
- ask for repeal of laws or regulations that prevent cross-border data sharing; and
- call for benchmarking of reporting progress.