Last month, concurrent with the 20th anniversary of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the U.S. Department of Labor published new versions of FMLA forms and a new workplace poster that employers should post by March 8, 2013.
The poster has been updated to incorporate recent changes in the requirements for leave to care for military service members and airline flight crew members. As before, all covered employees must display the poster where it can be seen by employees and applicants.
The forms related to military family leave have been revised to reflect the recent changes in those provisions, and a new certification form for the serious injury or illness of a veteran has been prepared. There are no significant changes to the other forms. Employees should start using the revised forms immediately.
The revised workplace poster and new forms are available at the following links:
- Workplace Poster
- WH-380-E Certification of Health Care Provider for Employee's Serious Health Condition
- WH-380-F Certification of Health Care Provider for Family Member's Serious Health Condition
- WH-381 Notice of Eligibility and Rights & Responsibilities
- WH-382 Designation Notice
- WH-384 Certification of Qualifying Exigency For Military Family Leave
- WH-385 Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of Covered Servicemember -- for Military Family Leave
- WH-385-V Certification for Serious Injury of Illness of a Veteran for Military Caregiver Leave