NEC4 arrived on 22 June with a new Design Build Operate Contract and an Alliance Contract, in consultation form. Changes to the works contracts include:
• terminology; for example: ‘Works Information‘ becomes “Scope”.
• a 4 week period for dispute escalation and negotiation by senior party representatives;
• a core confidentiality clause;
• requiring the contractor to produce a quality management system and plan;
• a secondary option requiring the provision of collateral warranties;
• a single fee percentage (with no separate percentage for subcontract works).