The USPTO only issues one original grant copy of a patent to the inventor. One, however, can obtain a certified (blue ribbon and seal copy) by contacting the Certification Division (800.972.6382). One can also petition the Office to create a replacement grant by filing a petition under 37 C.F.R. §1.182, with a request for a replacement patent grant, and a statement that the original patent grant was lost or stolen. The petition must also include the current petition fee under 37 C.F.R. § 1.17(f).