IMPACT – LOW
What is the change? Vietnam has implemented a visa waiver for nationals of Chile for stays of less than 90 days.
What does the change mean? Chilean nationals making short stays in Vietnam will not need to apply for a visa.
- Implementation time frame: Immediate. The policy took effect Aug. 11.
- Visas/permits affected: Visa waiver.
- Who is affected: Chilean nationals holding ordinary passports that are valid for at least six month beyond the date of entry into Vietnam.
- Impact on processing times: Chilean visitors will not need to apply for a visa at a consulate.
- Business impact: The visa waiver applies to short stays for Chilean nationals who will not be conducting remunerated activities.
BAL Analysis: The visa waiver will eliminate the consular visa application process for Chilean nationals. Travelers are reminded that they are not permitted to conduct remunerated activities on the visa waiver.