The NSW Government has today released the long awaited final Strategic Regional Land Use package (SRLU Package). The SRLU Package contains a suite of new plans, policies and codes aimed at reducing land use conflicts between agricultural land use and mining and coal seam gas (CSG) projects. The SRLU Package provides the NSW mining and CSG industry with some much needed certainty as to how the mining and CSG industry will be regulated going forward.
So what is the SRLU Package?
The Strategic Regional Land Use package consists of:
- the Strategic Regional Land Use Plan - New England North West;
- the Strategic Regional Land Use Plan - Upper Hunter;
- the Aquifer Interference Policy; and
- two CSG specific codes of practice:
- the Code of Practice for Coal Seam Gas - Well Integrity; and
- the Code of Practice for Coal Seam Gas - Fracture Stimulation Activities.
For further information follows this link to Freehills latest NSW Environment and Planning update.