If you are looking to sell your business it is important to start work preparing the business for sale a significant period ahead of the proposed exit.
In this video, we cover the following key areas which need to be addressed ahead of and during a sale:
- What are your key priorities when thinking about a business sale – what should be the first things to address in preparation for a sale
- How to choose the right buyer and the importance of competitive tension
- How to choose the right advisers to support you through the process
- Efficient processes to adopt to help keep management distraction to a minimum
- Tips to avoid post sale disputes
Charles Russell Speechlys is one of only a handful of major international law firms which combine a leading private wealth practice with a significant business law capacity - we advise private equity and venture capital investors, HNW investors, founders and investee companies across the entire life cycle of investment, from start-up/seed fundraisings, through the various rounds of investment to exit.
As a result of our long experience in this area, we understand business owners’ unique requirements when selling a business.
This article was first published in Business Reporter. View the original here.