Following a proposal made by the Macau Trade and Investment Promotion Institute, the Chief Executive updated the list of offshore activities and services permitted in the Macau SAR which now include any trade activities in goods and services between China and the Portuguese-speaking countries.
The offshore activities and services now permitted in Macau are:
- Consulting in computer equipment;
- Computer consulting and programming
- Data processing;
- Database Activities;
- Administrative and archival support activities;
- Research and development activities;
- Technical testing and analysis activities;
- Management and administration services for ships and aircraft; and
- Trade in goods and services between China and the Portuguese Speaking Countries.
It is expected that this amendment will increase Macau’s unique role as a trade and economic cooperation service platform between China and the Portuguese speaking countries.
This amendment only applies to new applications while previous and pending applications will not be impacted.