Effective October 31, 2014, the U.S. Embassy in Jamaica in Kingston will no longer accept visa applications for certain foreign nationals who are not residents of Jamaica. This includes visa applicants who:
- Processed for a change of status in the United States and are applying for a nonimmigrant visa in that new category;
- Were previously present in the United States in a different nonimmigrant category and are now applying for a nonimmigrant visa in a new category;
- While in the United States were out of status, failed to maintain their status or overstayed the validity of their Form I-94;
- Secured their current visa in a country that is not their current country of residence;
- Received an approval of a petition in the United States but have not previously applied for a nonimmigrant visa in that category;
- Are not residents of Jamaica and are applying for a B-1/B-2 Temporary Visitor for Business or Pleasure Visa.