To view this webinar, click here.
Polsinelli invites you to join us for the next event in our complimentary 2014 webinar series: Know the Road Ahead ... Insights for Your Business. Partner with our business-minded Litigation team as we discuss:
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum: How differing rules and docketing practices can affect litigation costs and outcomes.
Tuesday, May 20, 2014 | 12:00 PM (CST)
In many business cases, the parties have a great deal of discretion in where any dispute will be tried. Sometimes this is done in the documentation itself. Other times, the decision is made at the time of suit. Please join a panel of Polsinelli commercial litigation shareholders as we examine important local rules and docketing practices that should influence forum or venue selection.
On our Agenda:
- How and when to make the venue decision if you are filing a suit.
- How to assert a change in the venue if you've been sued.
- A survey of various court's with unique rules to consider, including:
- Colorado Civil Access Project
- California's motion planning and docket challenges
- Oregon's summary judgment process
- Texas Patent docket cases
- Arizona's broad mandatory disclosure rules
- Leane K. Capps, Shareholder, Polsinelli
- Wesley D. Hurst, Principal, Polsinelli
- James R. Miller, Shareholder, Polsinelli
- Leon Silver, Shareholder, Polsinelli
To view the full invitation and to register, click here.