Yesterday, Department of Health and Human Services Deputy Secretary Eric Hargan announced the launch of the Deputy Secretary’s Innovation and Investment Summit (DSIIS). DSIIS follows a June 2018 request for information to “develop a workgroup to facilitate constructive, high-level dialogue between HHS leadership and those focused on innovating and investing in the healthcare industry.” The goal of DSIIS is “fostering a more value-based health care system.”
According to the announcement, DSIIS “will invite a range of healthcare innovators and investors on an annual basis to voluntarily participate in quarterly meetings, along with a comprehensive ‘Industry Day’ gathering following the fourth session.”
The release provided a bit of detail about the selection process to participate in DSIIS:
- Prospective participants will be evaluated on their experience, knowledge and leadership in innovation and investment in the healthcare sector.
- Selection criteria for prospective participants include:
- Areas of educational focus,
- Executive or other organizational leadership experience,
- Private equity experience,
- Venture capital experience,
- Lending experience within the healthcare sector
Recommendations for nominees are being accepted through Oct. 3 and “must include a resume/CV and a brief description of why the individual recommended would be a good candidate to help deliver on and advance the goals of the DSIIS.” Recommendations are to be submitted to DeputySecretary@HHS.gov with the subject line “DSIIS Recommendation.