Since 1 October sponsors will have noticed changes to the SMS and new functions to allow them to report change of circumstances. Changes will however still need to be approved by the UKBA.
The UKBA has also published new user manuals to assist sponsors in using the new functions. Click here.
Some of the main activities that can now be amended via the SMS are:
- amending current authorising officer's details
- replacing your authorising officer
- amending your current key contact's details
- replacing your key contact
- adding your organisation details
- adding/removing a site
- adding/removing a linked entity
It is important to note that once a change has been reported on the SMS the relevant form will need to be printed, signed and sent to the UKBA within five working days of submitting the notification online.
A further welcome change is that sponsors can now certify maintenance for the dependants of sponsored employees.