The Commission has updated its deadlines on financial services measures. The current version plans:
- proposals for changes to the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), the Market Abuse Directive (MAD) and the Transparency Directive (TOD) for 19 October;
- a Regulation on Central Securities Depositaries in October;
- a proposal for a directive on financial transaction taxes on 5 October;
- a proposal for a European regime for venture capital in November;
- a legislative initiative on bank recovery and resolution during September with guidelines on rescue and restructuring of financial institutions in December; and
- amendments to the Credit Rating Agency Regulation before the end of 2011.
Further amendments to the Capital Requirements Directive were scheduled for July although not yet published. (Source: Table of Commission Actions to December 2011)