IMPACT – MEDIUM
What is the change? Danish immigration authorities have said that applications for work and residence permits are backlogged, and that applicants should expect delays of up to 10 days.
What does the change mean? Applicants in Denmark should expect delays and plan their schedules accordingly.
- Implementation time frame: Ongoing.
- Visas/permits affected: Work and residence permits.
- Who is affected: Employers and foreign nationals applying for work and residence permits.
- Impact on processing times: Processing times are delayed by up to 10 days over normal processing times.
- Business impact: Businesses may need to adjust timelines and star dates to account for the change.
Background: The delays are related to a high caseload, and it is not yet clear when processing times might return to normal.
BAL Analysis: Pending additional updates, employers and individuals should factor in the delays when planning business schedules.