On May 4, the OCC announced the appointment of six new members to its Mutual Savings Association Advisory Committee (MSAAC). The committee—which is presided over by Michael R. Brickman, the Deputy Comptroller for Thrift and Special Supervision—is tasked with assessing the condition of mutual savings associations, regulatory changes and other actions the OCC may take to ensure the health and vitality of mutual savings associations, and other issues of concern to such institutions.
The six new members appointed to the committee are:
- J.R. Buckner, President and CEO, First Federal Bank of Kansas City, Kansas City, MO;
- Thomas Fraser, President and CEO, First Federal Lakewood, Lakewood, OH;
- Shirley Hughes, President and CEO, Elizabethton Federal Savings Bank, Elizabethton, TN;
- James McQuade, President and CEO, Dollar Bank, Pittsburgh, PA;
- James Wainwright, CEO, Freehold Savings Bank, Freehold, N.J.; and
- William White, President and CEO, Dearborn Federal Savings Bank, Dearborn, MI.
They join the following current MSAAC members:
- Jeffrey Hyde, President and CEO, Evergreen Federal Savings and Loan Association, Grants Pass, OR;
- Dan Moore, President and CEO, Home Bank, Martinsville, IN.; and
- Charles Timpa, President and CEO, First Federal Bank of Louisiana, Lake Charles, LA.
Additional information concerning the MSAAC, including committee meeting documents, can be accessed through the OCC’s website.