A number of Congressional panels have held hearings recently on health policy issues, including the following:
- A House Small Business Committee hearing on “Common Ground: Finding Consensus on Health Reform, the Small Business Perspective.”
- A Special Committee on Aging hearing on the value of long-term care insurance.
- A House Judiciary Courts and Competition Policy Subcommittee hearing on "Pay to Delay: Are Patent Settlements That Delay Generic Drug Market Entry Anticompetitive?"
In addition, the following hearings are scheduled this month:
- A June 10 House Education and Labor Subcommittee on Health hearing on “Examining the Single Payer Health Care Option."
- A June 11 the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee hearing on health care reform.
- A June 11 House Energy and Commerce Health Subcommittee hearing on "Emerging Health Care Issues: Follow-on Biologic Drug Competition."
- A June 11 Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Subcommittee on Oversight hearing on S. 372, the "Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act of 2009."
- A June 18 House Energy and Commerce Health Subcommittee hearing entitled, "Medical Devices: Are Current Regulations Doing Enough for Patients?"