The United States Fish and Wildlife Service (“FWS”) issued a May 22nd Federal Register Notice asking for public comment on federally listed American burying beetle incidental take permit applications. See Fed. Reg. 23288.
Permit applications were requested by the following:
- Targa SouthOK NGL Pipeline, LLC, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Targa Pipeline Mid-Continent, LLC, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- MV Purchasing, LLC, Wichita, Kansas
- TPL Arkoma, Inc., Tulsa, Oklahoma
- TPL Arkoma Midstream, LLC, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Paragon Geophysical Services, Inc., Wichita, Kansas
- Tenaska, Inc., Omaha, Nebraska
The applicants requested:
. . . a permit for oil and gas upstream and midstream production, including oil and gas well field infrastructure geophysical exploration (seismic) and construction, maintenance, operation, repair, and decommissioning, as well as oil and gas gathering, transmission, and distribution pipeline infrastructure construction, maintenance, operation, repair, decommissioning, and reclamation in Oklahoma.
FWS states that if approved the permit would be issued under the approved American Burying Beetle Amended oil and Gas Industry Conservation Plan (ICP) Endangered Species Act Section 10(a)(1)(B) Permit Issuance in Oklahoma.