- Quarterly banking profile for Q2 2013 released by FDIC and available at this link.
- Community Development Investments newsletter (Aug. 2013) published by OCC and available at this link.
- Focus on lending in Native American communities.
- Second proposal on risk retention by sponsors of asset-backed securitizations released by agencies on Aug. 28 and available at this link.
- "Significantly increase the degree of flexibility that sponsors would have in meeting the risk retention requirements."
- "Qualified residential mortgage" definition the same as CFPB definition of "qualified mortgage."
- Sponsor may use any combination of "eligible vertical interest" and "eligible horizontal interest" to meet 5% requirement.
- Horizontal risk retention to be measured by fair value.
- More flexible treatment for payments to a horizontal risk retention interest.
- Premium capture cash reserve account requirement eliminated.
- New exemptions for certain resecuritizations, seasoned loans, and certain types of securitizations with low credit risk.
- New risk retention option for collateralized loan obligations.
- Revised standards for risk retention by third-party purchaser of CMBS.
- Exemption for transfer of a horizontal interest in a CMBS transaction after 5 years.
- Participating agencies include Federal Reserve, HUD, FDIC, FHFA, OCC, and SEC.
- Original proposal available at this link
Too Big to Fail
- Model template for tailored resolution plans published by Federal Reserve and FDIC on Sept. 3; available at this link.
- Option available to smaller and less complex banking organizations required to file a resolution plan.
- House and Senate not in session; both to return Sept. 9, 2013.
- Sept. 17-18: Federal Open Market Committee meeting.
Regulatory Comment Deadlines
- Sept. 3 – Federal Reserve: capital rules—country risk classifications, traded securitization positions, technical amendments to definition of covered position, and clarification of timing for market risk disclosures.
- Sept. 9 – CFPB, other agencies: Exemptions from appraisal requirements for certain high-priced mortgage loans.
- Sept. 16 – CFTC: standards for compliance with compliance with core principles of derivatives clearing organizations by systemically important derivatives clearing organizations.
- Sept. 17 – SEC: Money market reforms.
- Sept. 23 – SEC: Amendments to Regulation D.
- Sept. 25 – Federal Reserve, FDIC, OCC: Stress Test Guidance for Medium-Sized Firms.
- Sept. 27 – BCBS: Capital treatment of bank exposures to central counterparties; non-internal model method for capitalising counterparty credit risk exposures ◦Sept. 30 – FSB: Principles for an Effective Risk Appetite Framework
- Oct. 4 – BCBS: Capital requirements for banks' equity investments in funds.
- Oct. 11 – BCBS: Discussion paper, "Balancing risk sensitivity, simplicity and comparability."
- Oct. 21 – Federal Reserve, OCC, FDIC: Supplementary Leverage Ratio.
- Oct. 30 – Federal Reserve, OCC, FDIC, SEC, CFTC: Credit risk retention.
- 60 days after publication – FRB, FDIC, OCC: Market risk capital rules