Australian Taxation Office
New or updated materials on ATO website, including:
- Taxation statistics 2012-13: statistics compiled from tax returns for the 2012-13 income year and other information from the 2013-14 financial year
- Review or objection - try the quicker solution: requesting a review of an amended assessment from a data matching audit can be quicker than lodging a formal objection
- Practical tips: provides information and instructional advice about common errors and changes to processes for income tax returns, activity statements and businesses.
Northern Territory Budget:
The Northern Territory Budget for the 2015-16 financial year was handed down yesterday. Key measures announced include:
- increase in the stamp duty senior, pensioner and carer concessions
- changes to the home occupancy requirements for a range of concessions and grants
- abolish stamp duty on life insurance from 1 July 2015, and
- removal of the payroll tax exemption for apprentices and trainees from 1 July 2015.