Cindy-Ann Thomas and her guests Littler Shareholder Allan King, and author and historian Carroll “C.R.” Gibbs provide a multi-faceted examination of the label “People of Color.” In this podcast, Cindy-Ann, Allan, and C.R. address the following, head-on:
- What are the historical underpinnings for the “People of Color” label?
- Does or should any particular one racial group “own” this label?
- What are the social and legal challenges associated with this designation?
- What are the shortcomings and advantages for an organization that applies this term to categorize its D&I initiatives?
- Is it time to update this term? Or is “People of Color” an expression that is here to stay for the foreseeable future?
Listen to this podcast to hear an in-depth discussion and analysis of the answers to these questions and more.