The Crown Minerals Amendment Act 2013 comes into force on 24 May 2013. It contains a number of transitional arrangements which will affect existing permit holders.
New notification requirements must be complied with and certain actions by permit holders will trigger the application of the Amendment Act and new minerals programmes.
We look at the content of these new provisions and their trigger points.
Notification of permit operator
- an application to change or surrender an existing permit, or an application for a subsequent permit
- an application for consent to transfer a participating interest or application for consent to a dealing (including supply agreements)
- notification of a change in control of a permit participant, or
- an application to change the permit operator.
- permit applications (except for certain petroleum exploration permit (PEP) applications, discussed below)
- applications to change or extend the duration of a permit
- applications for consent to a transfer or dealing with the permit, or
- surrender of a permit.