On May, 24, 2017, the California Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR) issued guidance regarding its Notice 2015-13 to applicants registering pesticide impregnated materials bearing pesticide claims to be sold and distributed into or within California, per Notice 2015-13, issued December 11, 2015. Each retailer (or authorized representative) of an affected product must submit an Application for Pesticide Registration (DPR-REG-030) to DPR by July 1, 2017.
The guidance includes information on the registration requirements, as well as:
- The actual application for pesticide registration (and includes a sample application);
- Pesticide product labeling;
- The California-only registration number which will be assigned to each pesticide-impregnated product;
- Agent designation instructions;
- Changes after product registration that may require notification or submission to DPR;
- Labeling revisions relating to pesticide claims;
- The renewal application and fees; and
- The California mill assessment, a payment on each dollar sales of all pesticide products sold for use in California.
More details on the requirements are available in our blog items California Issues Notice Requiring Registration for Products Made From Pesticide Impregnated Materials and Bearing Pesticide Claims and California DPR Extends Filing Date to Register Pesticide Impregnated Products.