ESMA calls for evidence on AIFMD passport: ESMA has launched a call for evidence to help it draft its Opinion on passporting under the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD). ESMA needs to consider:
- how the EU passport under the AIFMD is working;
- how EU AIFMs are marketing non-EU AIFs in the EU;
- how non-EU AIFMs are managing or marketing AIFs in the EU; and
- whether the passport should be extended to cover marketing of AIFs by non-EU AIFMs and marketing of non-EU AIFs by EU AIFMs.
ESMA asks for comments by 8 January 2015 and plans to deliver its Opinion and advice to the Commission by 22 July 2015. (Source: ESMA Calls for Evidence on AIFMD Passport)
ESMA publishes clearing responses: ESMA has published the responses it received to its consultation on the clearing obligation under the European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR) (number 3). The consultation covered the draft RTS establishing a clearing obligation on a class of foreign-exchange non-deliverable forward (FX NDF) OTC derivatives and closed on 6 November. (Source: ESMA Publishes Clearing Responses)
ESMA updates fund FAQs: ESMA has updated the questions and answers on the application of:
- the Social Entrepreneurship Funds Regulations and European Venture Capital (EuSEF and EuVECA Regulations). New questions cover: management and marketing of EuSEFs and EuVECAs by AIFMs; and
- the AIFMD. New questions cover calculations and reporting requirements.
(Source: ESMA Updates Fund FAQs)
ESMA consults on EMIR reporting review: ESMA has launched a consultation on reviewing the technical standards on EMIR reporting. It asks for comments by 13 February 2015. ESMA proposes to transform some of its Q&As into technical standards, covering the following aspects:
- clarifications of data fields and/or their description;
- adaptations to fields or to the way they are populated; and
- introduction of new fields and values to reflect market practice.
(Source: Consultation on EMIR Reporting Review)