On June 19, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) released Bulletin OCC 2017-23 announcing a new booklet designed to provide consolidated guidance on several policies and procedures impacting national banks and federal savings associations when forming the framework of articles of association or charter documents. The “Articles of Association, Charter, and Bylaw Amendments” booklet, which is a part of the Comptroller’s Licensing Manual, covers:
- regulatory requirements for articles of association, charters, and bylaws;
- an overview of the process required to notify the OCC or obtain OCC approval of an amendment;
- requirements for the content of the articles of association, charters, and bylaws;
- actions a national bank or federal savings association should take during the amendment process; and
- references and links to informational resources and sample documents that national banks or federal savings associations may use during the amendment process.