The new points based system for regulating non-EU workers in the UK will start for Tier 2 workers in November 2008. Tier 1 (highly skilled workers) is already in place. The new Tier 2 will cover skilled workers, ministers of religion and sports people. A non- EU national wishing to work in the UK will have to show that he or she has a job offer, a certificate of sponsorship from a licensed sponsor and enough points to allow him or her to apply. All employers who currently have an employee on a work permit must apply for a licence to be a sponsor before the work permit expires.  

For more information visit this web link: howchangesaffectyou/