International patients seeking advanced medical treatment spent more than $3.5 billion in the United States in 2015, increasing more than 25% since 2010.1 Each year, 300,000 international patients visit this country for quality medical care.2 Domestic medical travel is also on the rise. It’s estimated that 15% of the nation’s top-50 employers now offer domestic medical travel programs.3
In a recent webinar, Manatt Health provided guidance on how you can tap into the growing global and national patient markets. The program offered a market overview and shared strategies for becoming a destination provider. We want to be sure you don’t miss out on this important information. If you or anyone on your team were unable to attend the session—or want to view it again—click here to access it free, on demand. To download a free copy of the presentation for your continued reference, click here.
Key topics covered include:
- Perspectives on relative market size and potential
- Successful strategies that destination medical centers use to attract and support national and international patients
- The challenges of providing care and follow-up to patients beyond your geographical boundaries—and how to overcome them
- The potential for using telehealth to engage patients, facilitate services and improve care quality
- Customer relationship management (CRM) approaches from other industries that can further the ability of health systems to manage a distributed referral network and better facilitate interactions with patients and providers