The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS) has published a leaflet providing an overview of pension issues to consider when “leaving work”.
The booklet answers the following questions for scheme members leaving work:
- What should I be told?
- What do I need to think about?
- I’ve been made redundant. Does that make a difference?
- Can I retire early?
- What if my employer has gone bust?
- I hear my employer is in difficulty, should I transfer?
- I’ve been put on “gardening leave” should my employer still pay into my pension?
- How will losing my job affect my state pension?
- Where can I get further information about pensions?