As part of Herbert Smith Freehills’ series on the employment and industrial relations reforms leading up to the Australian federal election, this inaugural podcast focuses on the Australian Labor Party’s policy platform. It’s essential listening for HR professionals to assist understanding of the new employment landscape, which is being heavily influenced by the ACTU’s ‘Change the Rules’ campaign.
The podcast provides a summary of Labour’s main workplace proposals, covering areas such as:
- Stimulating growth in real wages by reforms to awards, the national employment standards and enterprise bargaining
- Further regulation of executive pay and gender wage disparity
- Restrictions on labour hire and non-permanent employment
- Whistleblowing and Labor’s proposal to introduce compensation to reward whistleblowers
- Changes to compulsory superannuation, including phased increases to employer contributions.
Click here to listen the podcast.