On 20 February 2012 their ACCC published the Compliance and Enforcement Policy (CEP). The CEP sets out the principles adopted by the ACCC to achieve compliance with the law, and outlines the ACCC's enforcement powers, functions, priorities, strategies and regime.
The CEP outlines the ACCC's current enforcement priorities:
- consumer protection in the telecommunications and energy sectors;
- conduct that may impede emerging competition involving online traders;
- competition and consumer issues in highly concentrated sectors, in particular in the supermarket and fuel sectors;
- carbon pricing representations;
- the ACL consumer guarantees regime; and
- consumer protection issues impacting on Indigenous consumers