Following a period of consultation, the Regulator has determined and published revisions to the current Determinations Panel and Case Team procedures. The consultation had looked at the existing procedures and whether greater clarity was needed.
Revisions to the Determinations Panel procedure include:
- additional clarity on the point at which cases are referred to the Panel by the case teams;
- a fuller explanation of the differences between the "standard procedure" and "special procedure"; and
- additional clarity on the Panel's ability to request and consider certain additional material.
Revisions to the Case Team procedure include:
- how the case team will approach disclosure of material to affected parties; and
- when and how the "special procedure" will be used.
Details of the standard and special procedures that are followed by the case teams and the Determinations Panel can be found by clicking HERE.