Under the new points-based immigration system, employers will need a sponsor licence to bring in skilled or temporary workers from outside the EEA or Switzerland. In service standards published here, the Home Office has stated that employers who want to be able to issue certificates of sponsorship to migrant workers when tiers 2 and 5 open at the end of November 2008 should apply for a sponsor licence no later than 1 October 2008. The Home Office will aim to process these applications and migrants' applications to enter the United Kingdom in a maximum of six weeks. From 1 April 2009, the Home Office will aim to process applications in a maximum of four weeks.