Treasury has issued a set of FAQs on the transposition of the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD). The questions deal with various issues including:
- arrangements for Alternative Investment Fund Managers (AIFM) passporting in and out of the UK;
- which activities a firm should be carrying out before 22 July 2013 to benefit from the transitional arrangements Treasury has proposed;
- how the transitional provision applies to depositaries;
- application of the transitional period to marketing; and
- the requirements for a “single AIFM” and “single depositary”.
(Source: Treasury Updates on AIFMD)