On April 26, the 16th World Intellectual Property Day, SIPO released the China’s Patent Strength Report in 2015. The report tracks, analyzes and evaluates the patent development of China’s 31 provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities in five aspects, namely, patent innovation, application, protection, management and service.
The report shows that China’s patent strength has seen steady growth in 2015. In a nation-wide view, Guangdong, Beijing, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Shandong, Shanghai, Tianjin, Sichuan, Fujian and Hunan ranks among the top 10 in terms of patent overall strength. Seen from economic regions, Guangdong, Beijing and Jiangsu ranks among the top 3 in eastern region; Hunan, Liaoning and Anhui ranks among the top 3 in central and north-eastern region; while Sichuan, Chongqing and Shaanxi ranks among the top 3 in western region.
Varying with different standards, the top 3 players:
- in patent innovation are: Beijing, Shanghai and Guangdong;
- in patent application are: Guangdong, Beijing and Jiangsu;
- in patent protection are: Jiangsu, Guangdong and Zhejiang;
- in patent management are: Guangdong, Sichuan and Jiangsu;
- and in patent service are: Beijing, Guangdong and Shanghai.