IMPACT – MEDIUM
What is the change? Reports on the salaries paid to highly qualified specialists during the fourth quarter of 2017 (October through December) must be submitted in January.
What does the change mean? The reports, which employers must complete to show that they have met minimum salary payment levels, are required quarterly. Under a new rule, employers are required to including copies of their HQS salary reports during the work visa renewal process.
- Implementation time frame: January, 2018. Because government offices will be closed from Jan. 1 through Jan. 8, reports must be filed at some point between Jan. 9 and Jan. 31.
- Visas/permits affected: HQS work permits.
- Who is affected: Companies employing highly qualified specialists.
- Business impact: Companies and individual company officials may face fines if they fail to submit the reports on time.
- Next steps: Salary reports may be submitted in-person or mailed to the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
BAL Analysis: Companies should ensure that they submit their quarterly reports on time and that the salaries comply with wage thresholds for HQS workers.