One of the major components of the network clearance process is addressing clearance issues with the network editors.
Below is a list of helpful tips to keep in mind when addressing clearance issues:
- Network clearance issues can be addressed with the editors in written form (email or letter), by phone or in person.
- Address issues as early as possible in the clearance process. Avoid waiting until the last minute, such as when a commercial is finished, to address an issue.
- Respond to all issues raised. If you do not intend to comply with a request, you need to explain why. The editors do not like to feel as if their concerns are being ignored.
- Do not feel overwhelmed. When dealing with numerous issues, address the minor concerns first. This way, you can spend more time focusing on the bigger issues.
- Be flexible. Network clearance issues can often be easily negotiated if they are addressed with an open mind.
- When in doubt, ask. The network editors are there to work with you to resolve issues and address concerns.