The vast majority of civil disputes are settled before trial, and that means it is vital for in-house counsel, lawyers and others who deal regularly with legal disputes to have a thorough understanding of the settlement process.
The Essential Guide to Settlement in Canada is focused exclusively on the law of settlement. It is a practical guide that offers a straightforward overview of the basic principles of settlement law, guidance on how to implement a settlement, and a collection of forms and precedents to help you navigate and resolve the legal problems you may encounter in your everyday practice.
Highlights of This Volume
- The settlement process, from preparing for settlement to drafting the settlement documents
- The legal framework and practice points for making and responding to offers to settle
- Partial settlement agreements in multi-party litigation
- Class action settlements
- Settlements in employment law and labour relations cases
- Settlements in cases involving construction law, intellectual property issues, product liability and other specialized practice areas
- Settlement proceedings in the civil law jurisdiction of Québec
- Enforcement of settlement agreements
For more information on The Essential Guide to Settlement in Canada, click here.