Following the announcement that the Construction Act changes will come into force in Scotland on 1 November 2011, SBCC have published their standard form contracts, with the new changes tracked in so they can be easily spotted - the SBCC Tracked Change Documents.
The new SBCC 2011 Editions mirror the changes made by JCT but also make Scotland-specific changes such as those to deal with the Arbitration (Scotland) Act 2010. The 2011 Editions (without tracking) are likely to be available on or around 1 November 2011, in time for the Construction Act coming into force.
If you would like advance notice of the changes, the following Tracked Change Documents are available in hard copy only and can be purchased via the selling bodies, priced at £100 each.
- Standard Building Contract with Quantities for use in Scotland
- Standard Building Contract without Quantities for use in Scotland
- Standard Building Contract with Approximate Quantities for use in Scotland
- Design & Build Contract for use in Scotland
- Minor Works Building Contract for use in Scotland
- Minor Works Building Contract with Contractor’s Design for use in Scotland