The Committee of European Banking Supervisors (CEBS) has published for public consultation guidelines for passport notifications (Guidelines).
The Guidelines provide a framework for the co-operation of EEA national regulators with regard to the notification provisions relating to the Banking Directive (Directive 2006/48/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 14 June 2006 relating to the taking up and pursuit of the business of credit institutions (recast)) in light of the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive.
The Guidelines provide principles and practicalities for cooperation between EEA supervisory authorities in respect to the new notifications of services and activities provided by credit institutions.
In its annexes the Guidelines contain:
- Uniform forms for the notification for cross-border services and establishment of branches.
- List of supervisory authorities to be notified in relation to the establishment of a branch or provision of cross-border services.
- List of public registers of credit institutions in various Member States.
- List of competent bodies for receipt of complaints and out-of-court settlements of complaints.
- List of compensation schemes and a template for a joinder agreement.
The deadline for comments on the Guidelines is 11 May 2009.
View CEBS guidelines on passport notifications, 11 February 2009