Following the HM Treasury’s launch of the Women in Finance Charter (the Charter), the HM Treasury has published high level guidance in an attempt to encourage more firms to commit to it.
The HM Treasury has confirmed that the Charter commitments are aimed at all financial services firms, as defined by the FCA, with significant operations in the UK. It is primarily aimed at financial services firms with over 250 employees but it welcomes firms of any size to sign up.
The guidance sets out the steps that a firm ought to take once signed up to the Charter. The recommended steps are:
- senior executives will be accountable for gender diversity
- senior executives pay linked to delivery against gender diversity targets
- internal targets for gender diversity
- reporting gender diversity targets
- Women in Finance Charter annual review.