On April 16 2018 the Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH):
- announced the release of its strategic plan for 2018 to 2021, entitled "Transforming How We Manage Health Technologies in Support of Better Health, Better Patient Experience, and Better Value"; and
- published a brief overview of the plan.
According to the plan, the CADTH – a health technology assessment agency – plans to transition to a health technology management agency by:
- closing the gap between evidence, policy, and practice;
- adopting a lifecycle approach to health technology assessment; and
- anticipating health system and technology trends, and developing agile management strategies.
For further information on this topic please contact Andrew Mandlsohn at Smart & Biggar/Fetherstonhaugh by telephone (+1 416 593 5514) or email (email@example.com). The Smart & Biggar/Fetherstonhaugh website can be accessed at www.smart-biggar.ca.
This article was first published by the International Law Office, a premium online legal update service for major companies and law firms worldwide. Register for a free subscription.