An employee of a holiday centre in Pwllhelli, North Wales who was bitten by rat fleas in her staff chalet was awarded compensation after a tribunal found she was sacked for raising health and safety concerns.

According to the employee, the chalet she lived in at the centre was damp, had soiled mattresses and was without a working shower. After she awoke one morning feeling unwell and scratching herself, a doctor confirmed that she had infected bites, probably from rat fleas.

Here is one employee who won’t be requesting their job back!