On February 14, 2018, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced that it will accept credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover) payments for forty-one fee based forms. Notably, the I-129 petition for a nonimmigrant worker is excluded. The I-485 adjustment application and the I-765 application for employment authorization, however, made it on the list.

How to pay by credit card?

Applicants must use a Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions. This form requires an authorized signature for the credit card transaction. The USCIS lockbox will then use the form to make an electronic credit card payment in pay.gov, which is owned and operated by the Department of Treasury. After use, the G-1450 form is destroyed to protect the credit card information.

Why choose to pay by credit card? Remember this is a PAPER PROCESS, using a paper form.

  • Insufficient funds in bank account.
  • Reduce delays in obtaining a physical check.
  • Earn points on a credit card.
  • Reduce problems with ACH transfers via check.
  • Depending on the bank, potential reduction on time to confirm payment received.