On February 2, the IRS released its Exempt Organization Newsletter, Issue Number 2016-1.
- Register for IRS webinar: Starting and Operating Charities for Disaster Relief
- Form 990-N submission website will change Feb. 29
- IRS provides tax relief to Missouri storm victims; tax deadline extended to May 16
- Read IRS Tax Tips
1. Register for IRS webinar: Starting and Operating Charities for Disaster Relief
Register for this one-hour webinar, scheduled Thursday, Feb. 25 at 2 p.m. (Eastern).
- The requirements for starting a tax-exempt charity under federal law.
- The ways for new and existing organizations to provide disaster relief without jeopardizing their tax-exempt status.
- Operational requirements, fundraising and working with volunteers.
2. Form 990-N submission website will change Feb. 29
3. IRS provides tax relief to Missouri storm victims; tax deadline extended to May 16
Missouri storm victims will have until May 16 to file their returns and pay any taxes due, the IRS announced recently. All workers assisting the relief activities who are affiliated with a recognized government or philanthropic organization also qualify for relief.
4. Read IRS Tax Tips