Public Procurement Code
On 1 January 2018, the new Portuguese Public Procurement Code will enter into force. Many economic actors, both from the public and the private sector, will have to accommodate these changes in their modus operandi.
As such, DLA Piper ABBC will post a short newsletter for these next 4 weeks, to update our clients on a sample of the main changes to the Public Procurement Code.
Did you know?
- Abnormally low pricing namely takes into account the deviation from the average price of admissible proposals?
- When acquiring goods and services, when the contracting price is under € 5.000,00, or if works contracts, under € 10.000,00, awarding may be held on an invoice or equivalent document presented to the contracting party?
- The awarding act expires with the extinction of the contracting authority, and also with the extinction of the contracting party or its insolvency?
- In certain situations, batch awarding is now mandatory?
- In certain cases, the creation of a consortium may be deemed as a concentration between undertakings, which in given circumstances is under mandatory prior filing with the Portuguese Competition Authority and subject to a non-opposition by the same before being created?