USCIS has clarified procedures by which petitioners must provide employment-related notifications for nonimmigrant religious workers in R-1 status.
The petitioning employer must provide USCIS with notifications within 14 calendar days of the following changes of employment for its R-1 nonimmigrant employee:
- If an R-1 employee is working less than the required number of hours; or
- If an R-1 employee has been released/terminated from employment prior to the expiration of the authorized R-1 stay.
The petitioning employer may provide notifications to USCIS via e-mail and must provide the following information:
- Purpose of notification;
- Explanation for late notifications (when outside the 14 calendar day window);
- USCIS Receipt Number of the approved R-1 petition;
- Petitioning Employer's Name, Address, Telephone Number, and, if available, Employer Identification Number (EIN);
- R-1 Beneficiary's Full Name, Date of Birth, Country of Birth, Last Known Physical Address, and Phone Number.
While e-mail notifications are preferred, paper notification can be made via mail (delivery should be confirmed before the end of the 14 calendar day window) to the address below:
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
California Service Center
Attn: Div X/BCU ACD
P.O. Box 30050
Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-3004