The Committee of European Securities Regulators (CESR) has published the following documents to assist market participants with the implementation of MiFID:
- Common protocol for the supervision of branches under MiFID. This protocol concerns the practical cooperation arrangements under MiFID for the supervision of business conducted through branches established in a Member State other than the Home Member State of the firm.
- CESR statement to ensure continuity of current passports granted to investment firms under the Investment Services Directive in cases where Member States are late in transposing MiFID.
- Revised protocol on the MiFID passport notifications.
- An overview of how CESR members have applied various options and discretions when implementing MiFID.
- A response to the European Commission’s request for assistance on commodity derivatives.
- A consultation on its draft MiFID work programme for 2007/08. The consultation closes on 19 November 2007.
View CESR welcomes progress in MiFID implementation, takes steps to facilitate firms cross border business by streamlining supervision of branches, and issues practical arrangements to ease transition for firms, 22 October 2007